GBH scratching

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Juan Fernandez

241A6521.jpg

Shot this today at Ding Darling (Florida). Went there early in the morning, low tide, but still very few birds :(
I managed to take this picture of a great blue heron with my Canon 7D and 500 f4 mk I

ISO800
1/800
f4

Cropped to square from vertical. Very mild adjustments; boosted the contrast and resized for posting.
As always, C&C are welcomed and encouraged.
Thanks for looking!

Hi Juan, just a few critiques on this one, #1 image looks to be a bit soft, try adding some sharpening. #2 be careful with your horizon lines in water, image needs some clockwise rotation.
Exposure looks ok, keep shooting looking forward to seeing more.

-Tim

Hey Juan, I like the action here. it's a nice image, but I'm pretty sure you'll get better shots of these guys. I'm sure you do this, but I usually follow them from a distance for a while....they seem to just calm down and forage around me for hours sometimes. All while getting hundreds and hundreds of frames and having time to experiment with settings, ect. Very nice pose. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comments!
Something went wrong when uploading this image. It looks much sharper on my screen, but looks very soft in the post. I will work on that and repost.

Latest posts

Back