Yellow Mounds Badlands Sd

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

kevin Hice

BPN-1-yellow-mounds.jpg

Shot this in the National park. Trying to do more landscape photography. Have been inspired by some of the other posts. Processed in Dpp 4 and Photoshop. Comments and critiques appreciated.
I know the vegetation isn't sharp as the wind was blowing between twenty an 30 mph. I even stood on the side of the tripod to slow down the wind. Used a remote.
Canon 5D Mark 1V
16/35 f/4 L IS
19 mm
Manual
f 16
ISO 100

A nice scene overall. I could see this as a very long exposure with the clouds streaked and vegetation blurred. With a ND filter added.

I think the scene is interesting but the light is flat, I think a little tonal enhancement would help, i would also reduce the pink hillock in the foreground I think it is a bit dominant. John's suggestion would really enhance a situation such as this.

I do agree with the light being a little bit flat. If it were mine I would have composed with less sky in the comp as it is not really holding much interest given the weather of the day. I think you could crop away mush of the sky leaving only a small slice across the top of the frame to help with the overall presentation.

Latest posts

Back