Looking for locations to shoot while travelling from LA to Boston

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Chuck Carney

Hi,

I'll be traveling from LA to Boston starting mid-Sept. I have Point Reyes and Bosque Del Apache on my list, even though the season won't be ideal, but want to learn about those spots. Any other thought from the group? Appreciate any suggestions or guidance.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to BPN! I assume you will be driving? What is your path (straight-line across the U.S., or going wherever seems best), and timeline (one week, a few months)? Hopefully others will chime in, but from what I've read, Bosque can be good at any time, despite outside of "crane festival" time. I would also check out sites in Arizona, Texas, Florida, then up the coast.

Thanks Daniel. I'm defining the path based on the sites. What I've done to start and just compile a list of potentials and hone down from there. Bosque is definitely on the list. Here's my working "master" list not in order.
Point ReyesCalifornia
Moss Landing, Monterey BayCalifornia
Bear Island Migratory Refuge Utah
Antelope Island State ParkUtah
Farmington BayUtah
Magee Marsh Wildlife AreaOhio
Bolsa Chica NWRCalifornia
Bosque Del ApacheNew Mexico
Arizona hot spotsArizona
San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary, IrvineCalifornia
Platte River ValleyNebraska
Klamath BasinCalifornia
Zim Sax BogMinnesota
Snake River Birds of PreyIdaho
Pawnee Natrional GrasslandsColorado
Mono LakeCalifornia
Point LomaCalifornia
HomerArkansas
Elkhorn SloughCalifornia

<colgroup><col width="215"><col width="255"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}</style>
I have a fundamental choice to either head north or south from LA and that starts to decrease the possibilities. Also, for East Coast sites, including Florida, will leave those off for this trip since I get to them easier. See what you think!!

Latest posts

Back