Four Spot chaser

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Jonathan Ashton

Macro and Flora Moderator
Staff member
_1014721-Black-darter.jpg

I took this as a high resolution image using a tripod after previously making stacked images. I had previously noted the larva had climbed the horsetails so I set up and had to wait approximately 3 hours for this scene to materialise.
Om-1 60mm macro
ISO 200, 1/60sec f9

ACR/PSCC

Last edited:
Hi Jon ... lift my hat that you spend that much time to get this shot . Your effort paid off .
I do like the separation between subject and BG
Comp is working well , colors are flat bot ok .THe image does need more punch on the whole front .... IMHO .
It is agin not as sharp as a macro should be .

For me Macro is about the finest details showing up .... which is sadly not the case in your recent postings . But easy to say from my comfy chair .
One of the reasons why I never felt comfortable with macro .... I never got the quality I was hoping for .

Looking at your techs is leaving me puzzled behind .... as I do think the SS is too slow , to freeze the moment . With the slightest wind you will risk motion blur . And again you need more DOF

TFS Andreas

Hi Jon ... lift my hat that you spend that much time to get this shot . Your effort paid off .
I do like the separation between subject and BG
Comp is working well , colors are flat bot ok .THe image does need more punch on the whole front .... IMHO .
It is agin not as sharp as a macro should be .

For me Macro is about the finest details showing up .... which is sadly not the case in your recent postings . But easy to say from my comfy chair .
One of the reasons why I never felt comfortable with macro .... I never got the quality I was hoping for .

Looking at your techs is leaving me puzzled behind .... as I do think the SS is too slow , to freeze the moment . With the slightest wind you will risk motion blur . And again you need more DOF

TFS Andreas

I agree I wasn't too happy with the colours, and I was chancing my arm with SS.

Latest posts

Back