Thread: Zuka Cheetah Resting

Threaded View

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Zuka Cheetah Resting

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Friends,

This image was captured on Tuesday evening on my way back from work. A beautiful cheetah male, part of a coalition of three. The 'boys' as I like to call them are quite relaxed and often walk near or in front of the vehicle paying little or no attention to the roar of my truck. On this occasion I found them looking quite tired and hungry, every now and then one would drop to the ground and rest for a minute or so then catch up with the other two. I could tell they were hunting as they were wandering from one side of the road to the other, scanning the surroundings. Hope they were successful, I gave up following them around seven pm because the light was fading and I too was hungry and looking forward to a meal

Techs:

Nikon Z9
    Nikkor Z 400mm F2.8 TC @ 560mm
    ISO 5000
    +0.67EV
    F4
    1/800s

Processed in LR and PSCC. Really liked the pose here and expression and tried to portray him best I could. Straightened frame and cropped a tad on all sides. Happy to receive any comments or suggestions, be it technical or otherwise. Many thanks for your participation on my previous posts, always appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea