Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M/F) VII

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
_22I4551-CR2_-copy-2.jpg

Hi folks ... a rather different approach with some kind of open minded elements :bg3: , or one could say a " freaky " approach leaving the norm .
The original was just too boring with just the subject being a bit interesting with the water splash , but the rest was just misty nothing ! So I ran some gradients in PS .... ending up with this effect , I do actually like :5
Image taken at Kuril Lake on Kamtchatka

Before somebody is complaining about not " correct " colors .... it is done with thought , albeit it might be not " correct " :t3

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 526 mm
HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 20214 ; cropped for better pano comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Perfectomondo! I love the colours (?? what's wrong with them??) Pose is great , maybe make the image a little less wide??

I like it, Andreas. I understand why you applied the gradients, suppose you were looking for more depth? If the image appeared flat ( well except for the bear whose colours look nice and he stands out quite well) then I see nothing wrong with what you did.

Personally I like the frame as is, meaning wide. All I can suggest is that you look at the left corner ( bottom) : seems a tad darker than the right and my eyes tend to run there and then back to the subject. But it's not a big deal, up to you.

Overall a lovely image and I like the bear in action and water splash. Also the eyes are visible, which is a nice bonus. Those claws are amazing...Thank you so much for sharing!

PS We still have internet and wifi issues here on the reserve. It is such a struggle and so annoying. The company providing the service ( or rather 'not providing the service' ) said they are bringing fibre to our area soon and we must be patient...

Kind regards,

Thank you Jon and Gabriela for your comments and suggestions , much appreciated .

The shot is indeed edited more to taste than usual , for the simple reason the overall flatness in 80 % of the frame ... did not float my boat :bg3:. So I decided to get the bicolor route , cold on bottom a nd top and more warm in the center of interest . Gabriela I do see what you mean with the LLC , did not recognize it to be honest . I could work on it ... but leave it that way for now .
Will see what comes next from my side .

Cheers Andreas

Latest posts

Back