Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M/F ) XIV

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
_22I3530-CR2_-copy-2.jpg

Hi folks ... its me with a Bear :bg3:
A very relaxed looking Bear having a rest at the Kuril Lake , just where a river is flowing into the lake .
On that day it was kind of hot ... at least it was the day with the best weather through the entire trip .
The hot temperatures made it kind of difficult to shoot the Bears from a lower POV ..... as the area at the river mouth was covered with mist roughly about 1 meter in height . Made it sometimes difficult to lock focus and/or to create sharp images .
On the other hand there was this nice effect of low and high contrast in the shots ....

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 800 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024

Thanks for looking and commenting to my last postings :wave:

Cheers Andreas

This is one cool image, Andreas. I like it. Like the colours too. Might be a mere illusion, just seems to me it's not perfectly straight...tempted to do a CW rotation, just a wee bit. What say you?

Cannot help but smile looking at this bear...he is so chilled:bg3: I can see this on the cover of a wildlife magazine...Surely one of your nicest bear images because the content is so unusual and super funny at the same time. Well processed and I really like the mist:S3:

Kind regards,

Who needs deckchairs?? Another amazing one! The mist does make for a different presentation - purely personal I am not keen on it but still a lovely shot, as usual excellent details.

Latest posts

Back