Red Squirrel Jump

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
_I5A6296-CR3-001-copy-2.jpg

Hi all ... I thought it is now time for a change :bg3:
Going from big Bears to tiny Squirrels .
I had the idea of jumping Squirrels for a very long time ... never been able to realize the " dream " .
Now I am ready to start the experiment , after train some of them to jump .... I am in the beginning and see how far I can go . Squirrels working great for me ... now up to me to get the most out of it from the photographic POV .
It is all happening in my parents garden ... the only real problem is the fact of not ideal backgrounds . I have to live with some shortcomings . There are a lot of distractions in the way , where I have no influence .
But I am trying hard

Canon EOS R3
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 278 mm
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 16.000 ; 1/5000 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop to 80 % of FF ; clean up in BG

Thanks for looking and commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

Aargh it's super cute, a little ball of fire:bg3: Great techs too. BG is busy but not taking away from this beauty leaping across the frame.

Love those ears! Nicely done Andreas, no need to try too hard...I really enjoyed viewing, great colours and the subject is sharp, whiskers and all.

Enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards

Good shot Andreas, the background doesn't help but its not that bad, perhaps reduce contrast and colour to make it a little less dominant, alternatively some camo material may prove useful. The squirrel is excellent.

Thanks Jon ... I am with you about the BG .
Difficult to reduce contrast , as is already reduced .... but with hindsight the BG should go darker and less colored . Came net would not work .... for various reasons due to location and the net itself .
But I will try to guide the Squirrels to a better BG or I might find an option to move my own position to shoot with longer lens to get a better bokeh .

Cheers Andreas

Latest posts

Back