Thread: Lesser Scaup Bracing For The Tsunami!

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lesser Scaup Bracing For The Tsunami!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey gang, I've been rather absent from BPN these last couple of months due to a recent change of jobs (no worries - it's a deliberate change), but now settled down and will have more time again to be active here and in the field.

A recent cold, windy, and rainy day had me headed to a local duck pond where a couple of species are migrating through during this time. They are skittish and usually too far away due to the many folks (including many bird photographers) enjoying the walking paths right along the water. I knew the place would be deserted with these "nasty" weather conditions - but that is the perfect time to head out! As suspected, I had the whole park to myself and had tons of fun photographing these ducks as they came closer to shore, swimming against the choppy wind-induced waves in the water while I was lying prone along the mud. So many pleasing splashes to choose from...and reason number 1001 to head out even when the weather man says that it's not looking ideal outside.

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, 1/2500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, about 70% FF, contrast and saturation to taste.