Roe deer (capreolus capreolus)

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Jonathan Ashton

Macro and Flora Moderator
Staff member
_1010061-.jpg

Handheld, I was unable to get any closer, he sensed my presence! Image captured from a hide.

OM-1 OM 150-400mm F4.5 TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1000.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO: 1000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/2000 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Hi Jon ... we have not seen a Roe image for a while here , so good to see one is posting a Roe image .
He gave you good side look and you'd overall quite well .
Overall not the most exciting setting , but nothing you can do .... but hey one can try to manipulate the setting with local adjustments in post :w3.
Colors do look good ...

TFS Andreas

Thanks Andreas, believe it or not the subject and background are treated differently!

Steve image capture 9.06am, yes I did add Vibrance +20, and about +5 Saturation.

Steve image capture 9.06am

OK a bit earlier, just thought it was latter and getting a bit bright. As I've been shooting them last month as Gabriela knows and I think its best to capture them before 8.30am as the light just isn't on your side after that.

, yes I did add Vibrance +20, and about +5 Saturation.

That's the fatal error and killed the image for me, just can't see the obsession of making things yellow??? it seems you are back to 'tinkering' again. :bg3:

Hello Jon,

I've just come back from Kruger :t3 Had wonderful sightings but from the photography point of view rather poor, very tall grass after the rains over the past few months, also park was quite busy and we could not get bookings in those camps we like in the North. Thought of you when I saw lions:w3

Nice to see a Roe Deer, framing works and pose is nice with the subject looking towards you. Techs look good. Environment is a tad busy (just like in Kruger Park :bg3:), but nothing you could do about that. I find the blueish edge of the little dam a bit distracting.

Regarding Vibrance / Saturation...I too think it is too much. I have never gone to +20 on Vibrance. Had you perhaps worked more selectively it would have been better... seems you warmed up the entire image, which does not help if you want the subject to stand out.

Thank you for sharing Jon, and I hope you have a great afternoon:S3:

Warmest regards,

Latest posts

Back