Black Tailed Godwit portrait

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
_I5A5889-CR3-001-2-copy-2.jpg

Hi folks ... a sweet close up of the species .
Subject was resting on fence post and the green backdrop is just distant grass plain
Hope you like it

Canon EOS R 3
RF 400 2,8 IS L + 2x TC
HH

F 9 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/2500 sec

Processsed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; cropped for comp to about 75 % of FF

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous threads

Cheeers Andreas

Hi Andreas, Godwit looks good in terms of colours, tones and detail - especially in the bill cavity! The green grass is a bit overwhelming for my taste - sorry.

Oh well Jon ... I have to agree the BG greens are a bit of an overkill :bg3: , should have settled the image for a moment before finishing it . My thinking was just to give the BG the same light /color intensity as the subject ... but I was wrong in a way . Glad you pointed this out .

Cheers Andreas

Well done in getting close to this beautiful bird Andreas. The greens are a matter of taste, on this occasion I agree with Jon, that they are a wee bit too green. Maybe others will see it differently. There is an Irish song called the 40 shades of green. Too true.

Will

Yes, the greens are glowing quite a bit. Otherwise, sweet close up, and one of those instances where the dirty bill looks good and lets us know what this beautiful bird was up to. I love the veins running inside the open bill!

THX Will and Dan for your comments , much appreciated .

After thinking about your words about my chosen greens .... I have to state ( as above ) that I have gone too far .

Cheers Andreas

Wowzer amigo, this one has some gusto!!

A very striking portrait Andreas. You stretched out the detail in the beak as long as humanly possible eh, hahah. That's a long one!

The texture and details are magnificent really. That said, this is maybe one image where I can see the greens being a touch strong, coming from a guy who knows how to overpower a green bkg lol.

Still, a lovely frame my friend!

Latest posts

Back