Warbling Vireo In The Crabapple Blossoms.

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Daniel Cadieux

Super Moderator
Staff member
Admin
bpn_Warbling Vireo_3000-24.jpg

Even the "drab" birds look great in these flowering trees. These flowers only last a couple of weeks, so one has to make it a point to go there before missing out for another year! This Warbling Vireo responded almost immediately to audio and posed exactly where I wanted it too on this branch that was sticking out near the bottom of the tree.
Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, 1/1250s., f/5.6, ISO3200, natural light, handheld, full-frame. A few specks removed from the leaves, and clean up of the eye.

Hi Dan ... lovely shot and the blossom framed subject with its singing pose is really cool .
Framing and comp spot on , as are the overall tones and colors ... some might think ( specially lately ) this is overwhelming or too much , or whatever one wants to call it ???? Do not want to go deeper into the weeds :bg3:.
Just think it is down to the artist and the viewer to decide which is attractive ... that might differ widely .
Ok the colors are a bit on the " Barbie side " .... but hey I think you like it that way .

Super shot Dan

TFS Andreas

Bright color fanboy posse has arrived. LET'S GO DANIEL!!! hahaha

I loved this the moment I saw it on FB. As beautiful as it gets, highlighting a simple subject among a fantasy land of colorful blossoms.

Wonderful calling pose and I love the gradient of colors behind too, which could get lost among the rest. Is the cyan in the breast true to the field? Only seen a couple here before.

Only suggestions I could make is taking the blues out of the talons. I'd absolutely love this in my files, great work!

A stunner. The soft light and the pinks. Dad I suggest losing the single brown stem that intersects the primaries of the folded wing?

BTW, some sites say that this species has blue-tone legs (that while showing a photo of one with grey legs) :)

with love, artie

Latest posts

Back