Thread: Red Squirrel Jumping XIV

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Squirrel Jumping XIV

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey ho ... again very quiet here
    So time for a bit of activity and action , rather than static or slow moving subjects . This time a darker male
    I left some " distractions " in the frame

Canon EOS R 6 II
    RF 100 - 500 IS L at 428 mm
    Tripod

F 8 ; iso 16.000 ; 1/4000 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop and added canvas to the bottom

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas!

Squirrel in mid-air, this is great fun! The nut is quite big but...as long as the subject is happy...

Nice and sharp and colours look great, hmmmm....why did you leave the distractions, I wonder? I would have maybe 'tamed' them a bit, they tend to draw the eye...The Dark Table knows how to do this job

Framing looks good and subject is sharp with good detail, love those spread front feet. Very cute, Andreas, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela , glad you like it .
    LOL ... regarding your thoughts about the distractions , sometimes I am just too lazy or forget about them .
    And honestly the views and comments are so low in number .... I sometimes do think what for the effort . And the darkish table does not know how to do it .... in the end it is me doing it , but not on the dark table

Have a nice weekend Gabriela

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it, the sqirrel is pin sharp and the nut ads that l;ittle extra. The background from my POV is good, I don't really think it is necessary top remove the yellow leaves, they show authenticiy.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanks Gabriela , glad you like it .
    LOL ... regarding your thoughts about the distractions , sometimes I am just too lazy or forget about them .
    And honestly the views and comments are so low in number .... I sometimes do think what for the effort . And the darkish table does not know how to do it .... in the end it is me doing it , but not on the dark table

Have a nice weekend Gabriela

Cheers Andreas
    Thank you so much Andreas,

Distractions...they do matter to me, a lot...and whether I have an audience or not I am still trying to do my best...After all, I have to be happy with my work otherwise it's not worth doing it at all...

Dark Table relatively new to me and I can only do a limited number of things in this software, must say I am quite happy to work with LR and PSCC. I just want sharp images, well exposed and well framed...and consequently less PP work

Hope you have an awesome week-end too, and looking forward to more images from you,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well Gabriela ... I would agree in general about distractions , but would raise the question .... what are distractions ???!!! For some folks variations in tone and color are distractions , for others it is a branch , a rock or a pile of poo in the FG or BG . Endless feelings , thoughts or visions are playing a role on that front ... all up to individual tastes . Some folks do get more or less influenced by the thoughts of " influencers " .... jumping on their thoughts , which is ok . At least I try to avoid that at some point .... going my personal way varying from image to image depending on the content and my taste . I do not jump onto a general rule created by some folks , who do want to tell me how I have to see things .... if it is about color , tone , details etc ..... or even distractions . There are no rules existing ..... !!!!!!! .... just individual rules for each one of us . And if one likes to follow rules of some folks .... fully ok .

Regarding Darktable ... well I am somehow surprised that you got into contact with this super piece of software , as you have limited time in life as far as I know and you always say . So why even bother with such complex software .... iMHO it is more for the " fiddlers " amongst us . But you must have had a reason for getting in touch with it ....

More images to come .... from whatever space on my HD

Enjoy the sunday , greetings to Carl from the sleepy German