Thank You Posts

Default Buzzard Take Off

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon R6
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2
    f/4
    1/2500
    ISO 3200

This is from a set up and a feral pigeon was used as bait. The BG is a wooded area from where the bird first flew in. Gimbal Head. ACR and PS

Will

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will,

I think you caught the moment here! The Buzz looks really nice and sharp where it matters and I like the motion blur on the wingtips.

Background is very good. So often the light will catch a stamen the background and it will be distracting, but this works well. The tones are very good with the colour of the bird.

Thanks for sharing.

Gerald

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's a real belter Will, spot on for colours details and composition...timing not too shabby either

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great stuff on the bird. Why use a perch with a sawed off end???????????????

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Will ... the Buzzard does look great , stunning timing and the processing does look good .
    I would just give the HL in the Buzzard more tone ... specially the nose bridge does look quite thin .
    Good point raised by Arthur about the perch ... I would like to add the very rudimental looking canvas extension . Cannot keep up with rest of quality image

Super shot Will and TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very impactful Will. We don't see this view often from large Raptors. Intense!!!

Mottling in the bkg looks cool but very interesting patterning. Lots of great things to look at here including the tones in the plumage and we get a piece of the story with the feathers attached to the talons.

TFS mate!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for that guys, much appreciated.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE=Arthur Morris;1282219]Great stuff on the bird. Why use a perch with a sawed off end???????????????

with love, artie[/QUOTE

Hi Arthur, I did some work on the perch to hide the saw marks..But, you spotted it. I never had any control over the perch, personally I would have chosen a more natural one.

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Will, a bit late to the party having been away shooting, but overall I like it.

Personally just as a safety net, I would have gone to 1/3200 and just forget about the ISO and any NR required. Just for a bit more post I might tweak the BKG a bit more and remove the perch, it doesn't add anything.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Will, a bit late to the party having been away shooting, but overall I like it.

Personally just as a safety net, I would have gone to 1/3200 and just forget about the ISO and any NR required. Just for a bit more post I might tweak the BKG a bit more and remove the perch, it doesn't add anything.

TFS
    Steve
    Thanks for that Steve. It does look better without the perch.

Will