Thread: Black Tailed Godwit

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black Tailed Godwit

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .. another image of this species from my second , less successful, visit to the " Ochsenmoor " .
    Less birds in closer range and light was not that great at that day . This image captured in late morning when the light was already somehow on the " harsh " side .
    Hope you like it
    Is a wee bit tight , but I did not expect the bird landing on that close by fence post .... no time to change gear

Canon EOS R 6 II
    EF 500 IS L + 2x TC
    HH from car window

F 8 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/3200 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; removed two grass stems left and right as they did not help the image

Thanx for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Firstly nice shot good colours and details, secondly if a little large in the frame why not add some canvas? I know you're not a fan of AI add canvas but I am sure you could make good.
    The bird has a great pose I like the open bill, the background is ok ..even if totally featureless

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanx Jon ... as said in my intro , I do agree of being a bit tight . But no point for me personally to use the crappy AI stuff when it comes to canvas extensions .... not sure but have you ever checked how bad the AI structure is and secondly from now on it does cost to a degree . AS you have 250 coins per month to work with the AI ( firefly stuff ) ... that goes away quick , specially when one does make several versions like you are doing .
    LOL regarding the featureless BG .... indeed not my personal favorite , was just given by the distance to the subject . So I am stuck .
    Cheers Andreas
    Last edited by Andreas Liedmann; 06-02-2024 at 12:55 PM.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas first thing I noticed was the harsh light. You handled it very well. Nothing we can do about that. I like it overall and am OK with the background and think the soft light green works well. TFS

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas,

I am pretty sure I have seen this iconic shot being used by the Dutch tourist board! They have a particular fondness for their "grutto" on a fence post! It is emblematic of the polders.

Yes, more space maybe but the bird is happy enough. It is a classic pose and the detail and colouring on the bird is great. I quite like the 'featureless' background; maybe a little darker.

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanx Jon ... as said in my intro , I do agree of being a bit tight . But no point for me personally to use the crappy AI stuff when it comes to canvas extensions .... not sure but have you ever checked how bad the AI structure is and secondly from now on it does cost to a degree . AS you have 250 coins per month to work with the AI ( firefly stuff ) ... that goes away quick , specially when one does make several versions like you are doing .

Cheers Andreas
    Andreas I am puzzled I pay £9.98 per month and have never been billed for more since I began using AI.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Andreas I am puzzled I pay £9.98 per month and have never been billed for more since I began using AI.
    Check the new rules in your Adobe account ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kevin and Gerald for your comments and feedback , much appreciated !!

@ Gerald ... might try a slight darkening of the BG .

Cheers Andreas