Thread: Antarctic Fur Seal bull in landscape

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Antarctic Fur Seal bull in landscape

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... another image of this species , taken at another landing on South Georgia !! Very different in terms of landscape compared to the previous image
    These guys are massive and quite dangerous .... better to avoid closer encounter . They do defend their breeding ground even against us humans , as far as my experience goes . More than once I grabbed my legs and ran away on South Georgia , even leaving my gear behind . The Elephant Seals are way more relaxed on that front .

Hope you like the view to main subject and the vast landscape with other animals in the BG

Canon EOS 1D MK III
    EF 24 - 105 mm at 75 mm
    HH

F 13 ; Iso 500 ; 1/200 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; removed some animals in the BG that did not help the image IMHO .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, I love the scenic aspect, the big bull at the fron is impressive, I like the story, the other bulls relaxing and the penguins walking around. I just noticed your lens...you must havebeen pretty close!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanx Jon ... glad you like it .
    Yes I was close , the bull showed me how close I could walk up .... his behavior is warning . They can weigh up to 400 kg and the image does not show the real size . In the BG on RHS is a Elephant Seal bull ... they are more than double the size