Female Hooded Merganser followed by male Merganser

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

kevin Hice

14419-Photoshop-layers-merged-BPN-1.jpg

Shot this pair of mergansers in a slough in North Dakota from my floating blind. Processed with Dpp 4, Photoshop. Comments and critiques appreciated.
Canon R5
Rf 400 2.8
800mm
f/5.6
1/2500
ISO 5000

Hi Kevin,

I'm loving the composition and the choice of pano format. The golds and the greens look terrific. The juxtaposition of the male merganser, OOF in the background and the super smooth water surface bring so much into play here.

The female looks beautifully exposed and detailed.

So much to like here!

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Just a bit better head angle from the female (relative to her body angle) would have made this image a 10. As it stands I give it a 9.9. Seriously though, one heck of an image, with the super still water adding to the appeal!

All looks good here Kevin. Beautiful colours and light. Perfect POV. The detail on the female is lovely. Did you get any of the female on her own, I think, with the colours in the BG, the lone female would look real good. Well done.

Will

I always found these silhouetted spouse images to be either right on or a struggle. This one works well Kevin!

Serene man, that water.... so nice. The delicate processing shows here for sure.

Lovely, bravo!

Latest posts

Back