Female Hooded Merganser for Will

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

kevin Hice

11537-Photoshop-layers-merged-BPN-1.jpg

Female Merganser shot in North Dakota from my floating blind. This was shot on a different day than the previous merganser. I have lots of the female not so many of the male merganser.Will asked for this so I thought I would post the female version. Processed with Dpp 4, Photoshop. Comments and critiques appreciated.
Canon R5
Rf 400 2.8
560mm
1/1600
ISO 500

You have some dreamy waters there Kevin. Those sloughs you find are wonderful.

Very simple frame. Love that you gave the colors a little punch :bg3:

I can get down with the long/pano framing but feel like you could bring the subject a little more into the frame.

Pleasing to view, tfs.

Hi Kevin ... a super low angle shot of the Merganser , super smooth from front to back with the subject popping from the smoothness ... love it .

Nice head turn and details / sharpness spot on for me !! Pano works well , albeit I would agree with Brian moving the crop slightly to the right ( if possible ) .

Personally I do like the color palette in the previous post more , in this frame the subject does look slightly " off " . A bit too much red /magenta " .... plus look at the blue reflection in the bow . The blues are very much on the magenta side .... :w3. But might be just me .

Other than that ... great work !!! and a pleasure to look at .

TFS Andreas

This is so nice! I too would expect the blues in the bow wake to be "bluer", but all else ticks my boxes. Wonderful image!

Thanks for that Kevin, much appreciated mate. Yes, I agree about the bird being moved more into the frame. But, what a setting. The POV and colours throughout are fab. All looks good to me.

Will

Latest posts

Back