Tranquil

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Brian Sump

Avian Moderator
Staff member
20230501-Avocet-Bathing-Brian-Sump-BSR54273-CR3-PS-SIZE-v3.jpg

Honestly, I don't know how you friends overseas shoot in drab conditions often. We're blessed to have 300 days of sunshine here and I just couldn't stand processing low-light photos so I went in and pulled up something with a punch.

Probably my favorite bird as you well know. The American Avocet in breeding conditions has given me much joy.

Here, in a similar pond as I've posted before with reeds behind in early spring.

Canon R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 1600
1/5000
f7.1

LR and PS, trying a demo of DxO and quite like it so far. Making some adjustments in my workflow here, and evicted a small stem peeking in at left.

Hi Brian,

The European Avocet is by comparison quite dull with its black and white attire, but the more diffused light does make it easier to expose!

This gorgeous ruddy colouring looks wonderful against the green background and does bring on an amount of envy! The bird looks sublime!

Thanks for sharing.

Hey Amigo ... truck loads of tranquility in this image :5:wave:
Does not get much better , IMHO , but this is just me .
Love the overall simplicity and specially keeping or having some variations in the smooth BG and FG !!
Lovely warm light and color palette , paired with a very lovely looking subject .... love the fine details and tonal gradations

Super shot and nicely presented

More of that

TFS Andreas

The title of the image is spot on. Very nice and pleasing to the eye. I wouldn't change a thing Brian. This is how I like to see bird images. Fab feather detail, pose and HA. BG is perfect for the situation.

Pure dead brilliant. as they say here :w3

Will

Oh man this has nice rich colours! Great light, sharp, well processed. I love it as is but wonder if you took some with less focal length (no TC) to get even more of that beaty water? Just back from a session in the rain, at least I had the place to myself!:bg3:

love the color palette and subtle wing display. We used to have many Avocets in northern CA but their population has dropped singifnicnaly in the past couple of years without many photography opportunities unfortunately

If mine, I'd leave more room in the bottom for virtual feet

TFS

Latest posts

Back