Thread: Song Thrush

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Song Thrush

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... another newbie for me , more or less a grab shot during a short visit to the Netherlands .
    Was actually going for something different , but came across this quite handsome subject . I captured the Thrush on a forrest track while she was hopping on the ground in search for food . I sat down and tried to capture her ... but she was constantly hopping no chance for me to get a decent shot . Finally she stopped very close to me .... then I was " too close " , but managed a couple of shots albeit a bit tight . So I had to add a bit of canvas on bottom and right side .
    Hope you like it

Canon EOS R 3
    RF 400 2,8 + 2x TC
    HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 16.000 ; 1/1250 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; added canvas

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Andreas everything looks good. Some birds can be a challenge to capture. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, pretty bird. Thrushes can be overlooked for sure.

I like the feel along the rocky peaks and you captured a nice broadside look.

Interesting overall green hues in the subject, but they do appear native as there are some pure whites on the belly.

In all, it's just too tight for me. Worth processing but since you're already adding canvas I'd go a good bit more above and below.

TFS amigo.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kevin and Brian ... glad you like it .

© Brian .... well I am with you about the tightness , I tried to find an acceptable balance between adding canvas and not to add too much ... because of the technical aspect . I do not really trust Adobe firefly when it has to generate larger areas ... the structure is not really so cool . Might change when Adobe uses more than 1024 x 1024 size ... for the AI stuff . I know there is a work around ... but this is still a compromise . Regarding the green hue , well the birds yellows do carry some green ... due to the surrounding forrest . I could try and add some color to make it different .

Cheers Andreas