Thread: White Throated Dipper III ( juv )

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White Throated Dipper III ( juv )

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .... after a longer time I revisited my Dipper location , to my surprise they had youngsters that already fletched and being quite large already .They are still begging for food but do look and catch food for themselves as well . Have not been there due to the high water level in the river ... where it is quite useless to photograph . It is only fruitful when the waterl level is low .
    So I got really lucky with this relatively " tame " youngster . Took me a while to get " close " Sitting in the river bed with hip waders .... sadly I ripped them on sharp stones , ending up with a wet butt .

Canon EOS R3
    RF 400 2,8 + 2x TC
    HH

F 8 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/3200 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; cropped to 70 % of FF

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas,

Too bad about ripping the waders! But this is a really cool image and probably almost worth it!

I've never seen a juvenile Dipper, so this is great. The plumage looks really great with the subtle variation in the back feathers/coverlets and wings. I'm really liking the burst of colour with the open beak and the action there.

I'm also liking the tumultuous water with the green colour and silvery reflections.

Well done!

Cheers, Gerald

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another nice image of this bird Andreas. Again the POV looks good. Everything looks fine here, the water drops add. Nice detail on the bird and I like the open bill

Will