European Kingfisher ( F ) XVI

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
20240128-444A1072_03-CR3-copy-2.jpg

Hi folks ... it´s KF time :bg3:
One from earlier this year at a commercial set up ... I do like the spotlight effect , created by the vegetation and the hide . I just emphasized it slightly by darkening the BG ....
And do like the different hues of the blue and cyan plumage ... created by sun and shadow . Have not changed them .

Canon EOS R6 II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 560 mm
Tripod

F 7,1 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/500 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Andreas, I can definitely get down with the spotlight feel here. Emerging from the darkness is the essence!

The drip on the lip and the little pop of light on the lichen enhance. Very real feel on this one.

Can't help to love that bright blue strip going down the back. Wish to see them IRL one time.

Well done.

Lovely shot, Andreas!

The colour of the Kingfisher varies so much with the light, so it is really nice that you have captured the variation so nicely in the one shot - the warm and the cool.

Very well done!

Gerald

We've went from hi key to this. And, I like this sooo much better. One of yer best KF images IMO. The 'mood' is perfecto. Well done Andreas

Good results today for both Germany and Scotland :S3:

Will

Thanks guys, glad you like it :bg3:

@ Will .... yes for sure different compared to the HK image , regarding football .... we have been successful . Not sure if you are happy with the Bravehearts result ? You still have a chance ...

Cheers Andreas

I like that you went darker for the background, it really works well. I also like the "pensive" pose, although I do realize it was really likely checking out the water below. I personally would have preferred the whole bird lit up to and including the tail feathers, but yes, the spotlight look is really nice nonetheless.

Thanks Dan and Jon for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Dan ... i think i´ll have the image you are asking for , but i wanted to go that route with spot light and the different color grading within the KF .

Cheers Andreas

Latest posts

Back