Thread: Chestnut-sided Warbler In A Cedar

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Chestnut-sided Warbler In A Cedar

Attached Images Attached Images

When this little guy adopted this cedar as a perch for a few moments, I thought it looked neat surrounded by all the green leaves. I got a few more traditional horizontals as well, but for me the vertical was a stronger composition in this case.

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/800s., f/9, ISO 1600, handheld, just about full-frame, a few stray leaves removed (especially at the edges). Audio used, but it chose this perch rather than the one I had anticipated.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It works for me Dan and I like the fact the branches frame the subject with that little window. The light looks quite bright and so the colours appaer a bit more richer/saturated and the blacks more contrasty, but all down to personal pref and I guess across the pond we like them a little more subdued.

Was there anything you could do in the bottom corner where the green leave overlap the OOF ones in the BKG creating that dark green outline if you get what I mean?

Another well thought out image.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Daniel:

Very nice, struck by the textural match between the cedar and bird. Just enough clearance around the bird with soft background. I could see tinkering with the crop a bit, esp. vertically, but works nicely as is.

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dan .. a very cool composed image , with the right moment pressed the shutter
    Head turn works well .
    Colors overall very nice ... good to see the vibrant colors , blacks maybe a touch heavy for my personal taste .
    The foliage in the LRC does look a bit , as it is not part of the tree ... so may be remove it for a cleaner look .

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like this one Daniel. About as nice a pose as there is and we see the colors and tones beautifully.

Albeit what looks like harder light you processed it well. The composition is great among the junipers.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super shot I really like it as it is, the slight"imperfection" with the foliage bottom right doesn't trouble me. I cannot help but feel cleaned up images give the impression that nature should be like that as opposed to what it is.