BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Arthur Morris

Publisher
Staff member
Admin
Snow-Geese--Fire-in-the-MistA.jpg

Most every image that I have posted on BPN has been pretty much a brand new photo, rarely created more than a week ago. To celebrate 4,000 I will offer this oldie but goodie. Snow Geese in ground fog at day, "Fire in the Mist."

Canon 600mm f/4L IS lens with the EOS-1n. Fuji Velvia pushed one stop to ISO 100. Evaluative metering +2/3 stop: 1/320 sec. at f/5.6.

Don't be shy; all comments on the image are welcome.

This is one of my all-time favorite pictures from your Bosque collection and I love everything about it - color, intensity, passion, movement. I can almost hear the sound. I would only wish the horizontal structure in the top right was completely masked by the fog.

always has been a favorite image for me to admire Artie.....so full of life all the way back into the depths.
Congrats on 4000 and a very successful set of forums.....best on the web for honest critique and a pat on the back when justly worthy.

thanks you sir

Wow, this is pretty dramatic, it really looks like fire and seems to fit the milestone. :) Thanks for showing!

A photo that always grabs the heart. Beautiful, Artie, and definitely worth seeing again.

I love "Oldies"...especially this one!. Beautiful.

Eagerly checking my mailbox for your CD. I need all the help I can get. So much to learn..so little time!

Last edited:
Maestro, you've been really working hard to reach this point :)

Big congrats and my favorite pic of you of all times. Thanks for bringing it up again, it serves as inspiration.

Fantastic photo Artie, what a dramatic atmosphere you have captured here. I would not be surprised if you have or will win a grand prize with this image!

Hey Artie :- Before I discovered Birds as Art George Lepp was my favorite instructor by authorship. Long lenses to isolate an image; the rule of thirds; white or light to draw the eye deeper into an image. Well, for me, your Bosque "Fire in the Mist" pulled all those things together in a way which captivated me. Color alone (both the bright and the dark) invoked the "thirds rule" and both bright and dark deepened an image otherwise flattened by the 600. Not just an oldie but goodie, but timeless as well. Every time I see it I say to myself a little thank you to you.

BTW remembering Boston and your PI IPT of some years ago, if you need a caddy in Portland in Oct, you know what to do.

Regards, Plumviewer.

Stunning image!
Congratulations on your 4000th post.
It is amazing how well you composed and created this picture, but for me what is more amazing is the ability to make this kind of images with film! ''Fuji Velvia pushed one stop to ISO 100'' I've read about it a little but I am so glad I started to take shots with a digital camera! I don't think film was made for me, especially with the prices we have here for development. :)

Latest posts

Back