THEY ARE HERE!!!!!: COMPOSITION EXERCISES

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

F

Fabs Forns

They are here!!!!!

We are going to use black squares to evoke the following feelings: ORDER, INCREASE, BOLD, CONGESTED, TENSION, PLAYFUL.
No colors are to be used, although you can used shades of gray and gradients. Use the squares as layers so you can move them around. The transform tool will be very handy to scale or rotate. Be creative and OWN your space!

Example of BOLD

Attachments

• Bold.jpg
    Bold.jpg
    36.1 KB
Composition Exercise BOLD

I started off with this major design and realized for me bold was all about color and hard lines so I give you both versions of what I felt bold to be. At least I feel that way today!!
I woke up this morning and this does not feel as bold as it did last night-I would make the center square larger-today.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    8.5 KB
Last edited:
Tskkkkk, James, no colors but shades of gray :)

ORDER!

Fabs,
I deleted the offending post. I will read the fine print next time.
DD

Thought James could be playful too. Denise I like your bold, and David good one for tension. Hope to get some posted on the W/E. Great exercise. Makes you think about your viewfinder:) and composing before you press the shutter button!

Here's my addition. I'd say playful and even though not listed.....motion.

Attachments

• playful_motion-accented-edg.jpg
    playful_motion-accented-edg.jpg
    192 KB
another one.........this for tension! Even though this follows the ROT position.......one block out of place causes a very large amount of tension and chaos. If you look at this for any amount of time......your eye always goes to the out of place box. Very similar to photography.....takes one out of place to tuin an orderly composition.

Attachments

• tension_chaoscopy.jpg
    tension_chaoscopy.jpg
    60.5 KB

Latest posts

Back