THEY ARE HERE!!!!!: COMPOSITION EXERCISES

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Jackie and Dennis, you both got the compo right. Dennis, I usually prefer less elements in the compo. You were consistent in using the square but the different textures distract a little from your message IMO.
Keep up the good work!

We will continue with this exercise this week and use the TANGRAM next week, when we will be back from the Farm workshop.

This looks like fun, hope I'm not too late for the party!

tension1.jpg

Tension

Don, Never too late here! I think both are very well thought out. I esp. like your bold!

Thanks Denise, some of these certainly are stimulating my thinking. Looking at the ones I've done so far it looks like my tendency towards simplicity in composition is rather dominant.

order1c.jpg

Order

Very creative use of the square in the tension, and great bold. Thanks for your participation!

Thanks Denise and Fabs, I find this to be an interesting and enjoyable exercise. :)

Roman, You have too much time on your hands. I have no clue as to how any of you are creating the boxes in the first place, or positioning them in the second place...

HA ha! I wish Artie! Just a touch of compulsion! OK, maybe a large touch.....but in a good way. I used to stipple when I was in art school....now that may be OCD!
I used the marquee tool on a new black/white pallete....to draw the squre.....duplicated the layer...selected move tool....dragged it to a canvas.....shrunk/enlarged it with the tool....applied it.
This would have also worked on Fab's image to select and drag and compose. I'm sure others will chime in.
Now let me get this straight......you didn't have a clue for the boxes......but you give great advice on edge sharpness in the latest BAA bulletin? Go figure!
I see you got to spend some time with Phil too! Will see him tonight.

"It don't matter if you're black or white"

As already shown, sometimes the thirds just don't matter. The brain takes care of whats right or wrong, left or right, inside or outside, upside down or right side up.

Excellent exercise Fabs

Danny.

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy Al :) missed you and Fabs a lot M8t. Things have settled down here for a change and I need to get back into it.

All the best you two ;)

Danny.

Latest posts

Back