A new species for me!

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Hi David, I understand what you are saying (except for the checkerboard part...)

When you have an image on a single layer and you turn that layer off, the checkerboard represents the blank easel beneath the image. When you put a mask on the image and paint with black, that's what shows through.

checker1.gif

What I was trying to say is that since I always use a soft brush for making a QM I always almost get seamless overlays. Not being a technical person it does not matter to me where the feathering comes from, as long as it works. But thnaks for the clarification and the correction. If I find out that you are wrong, I will come back at you. <smile>
I look forward to it. You invariably provide the sort of friction that generates light but not heat.
</smile>

David,
OK. I make animated gifs all the time. I right clicked on your image and thought it said jpg, but now I see it is a gif. I must have clicked on the wrong image. Darn, I thought it was something new.

David,
OK. I make animated gifs all the time. I right clicked on your image and thought it said jpg, but now I see it is a gif. I must have clicked on the wrong image. Darn, I thought it was something new.

I wish it could be done with jpegs! Gifs only have 256 colors, so of course you lose image quality. But they're still useful for showing before-and-after.

Latest posts

Back