Thread: Eagle landing

Ben Egbert

Default Eagle landing

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is an eagle from Couer d Alene Lake Id,

Fabs Forns

HI Ben,

Big welcome to BPN

It is hard for us to evaluate an image without the technical data.

Wish you had a better light angle and I see a halo around the bird, sharpening of shadow/highlight.

Hope your experience here is a good and productive one!

George DeCamp

Hey Ben!

Welcome to BPN!

Long way from home to find the Eagle, I thought there were some in Washington! ;)

Good detail on the bird and looks like the exposure is pretty good. What you needed here is to take a few steps to the left to get that wing in the open sky and out from behind the branch. Also the angle is pretty steep, may benefit from a few steps back as well. Would like to know the lens used and the techs next time.

Keep'em coming Ben!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to the forum Ben. Always nice to see a "baldy" posted. Nice capture. I like the look and eye on this image. The image is a bit crowded and could use some more space. Negative space is important compositionaly. I would have also liked to see that tree not cutting off (or blending into ) the wing. Kind of distracting. Perhaps a different angle of view (moving would have helped). Light seems a bit harsh also, but you did retain some detail.

Ben Egbert

Quote Originally Posted by Fabs Forns View Post
    HI Ben,

Big welcome to BPN

It is hard for us to evaluate an image without the technical data.

Ok, 5D, 500f4 with 1.4X on a Gitzo.Sidekick set-up. Cropped to aspect ratio only. IS0400, 1/1250sec, f7.1

Wish you had a better light angle and I see a halo around the bird, sharpening of shadow/highlight.

Right, I had to do a quick redo to get it small enough for the forum rules, I should have avoided my last output sharpening. I also had to cut quality to get file size down. I wlll need to learn a new process for this size, I normally do 1024 for my gallery.

Hope your experience here is a good and productive one!
    Thanks, looking forward to it.

Ben Egbert

Hmm, Coure d Alene is sort of a suburb of Spokane, but don't tell the Idaho folks that

Been working this tree for several years, about the only angle possible with back light. Need a better beamer, but they don't fit my 430EX flash.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice dynamic shot of this guy.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Happy new year!