Thread: Determined (Black-crowned Night Heron)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Determined (Black-crowned Night Heron)

Attached Images Attached Images

D70s 70-200VR+2X@360 1/1600 f/5.6 ISO500 -2/3EV handheld

Taken this morning early. To me these guys always look intense, determined, fierce -- and beautiful. Adjustments were minor, all in Lightroom.

Wendell

Lance Peters

Hi Wendell - like the pose and the concentration on this guy. Exposure looks OK - Some brighter white spots maybe due to the angle of the light, Not over but maybe worth toning down a little.
    BG is a little busy - with a few contrast lines there that tend to draw your attention away from the subject. hey but sometimes the BG is what it is.
    Is it just my eyes or is a bit of CCW rotation in order???

Keep at em.

Alfred Forns

Hi Wendell Only going flat on the ground would have made it better !!! Bg hurts the image !!!

Great pose and love the stalking move !!! Neat birds !!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose, Wendell! Agree that the only real problem is the BG. Looking forward to your next one.

Ron Boisvert

Hi Wendell, I have to agree with Alfred that the only negative is the BG. It looks like you were reasonably low, but I imagine your belly would have had to be in the mud to de-emphasize the mud flats in the BG. I agree, the heron looks like it is on a mission. Nice shot!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for comments . . . looks like I should have cloned and smudged the BK . . .

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Wendell. Good one, I like the pose! Just a little lean to your right might have put the bird in a little better place relative to the bg. Good going! Does this little guy look kind of worried? :)
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Gus Cobos

Hi Wendell,
    I like the head angle and fine details...the color rendition is good...agree on going lower for a more appealing background...looking forward to your next one...:cool: