Thread: Details...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Details...

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.
    Nikon D90; 1.6 sec; AP; f/20; ISO 200.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mirenchu,Very nice comp! I like the layering of petals and how the colors change as ones eye moves up the image. Well done!!

Gus Cobos

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Lady Mirenchu,
    This is a lovely composition and capture...your placement of the flower in frame is good I like the fine details and the texture...a few points to consider as I illustrate them in an adjusted version. I boosted the saturation and contrast levels just a tad, I open up the mid-tones and the shadow areas...also cropped a little from the top of the frame, to make it tighter in frame and to place more emphasis on the leading petals toward the center of the flower...also selective sharpened the edges of the petal...and finally cloned in some dead / open spaces that you had on the outer edges of the petal, and finally I ran a low level pass of noise reduction in the background...see if this presents best to you...:cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for your comments and Gus, you did your "magic" again and transformed it into a beautiful image, thanks again. I'll keep working on Photoshop...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mirenchu....Wonderful composition and Depth of field. Great advice and rework from Gus.

Ron Boisvert

Hi Mirenchu, I like your image very much - the composition, DOF, and sharpness are all handled very well in my opinion. I also thought it was a little flat, though I probably wouldn't have added as much contrast and saturation as Gus did, but that's my current taste. Seeing how much punch Gus's flower photos have may change my sensibility for color saturation and contrast.

What I most want to say is that while Gus's rework improved your presentation, you are the one who laid the groundwork for the beautiful image. I believe the PP and PS stuff can be fairly easily learned; however, making compelling images with the camera is not so easily achieved. Nice work!!

my 2 cents,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely as always Mirenchu. I like the vertical crop on this one and you have an amazing feel for composition. I like Mr. Cobos' repost but might not have gone quite so far with the contrast. Well done!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com