James Shadle

Co-Founder
Congratulations Roman Kurywczak!
Park Ave. Star Trails

Attachments

• ParkAveTrailsBPNcopy.jpg
    ParkAveTrailsBPNcopy.jpg
    137.3 KB
Thanks you all for the congrats. It made for a nice 43rd birthday present which is on the 15th!
Roman

Hi Roman, this image is stunning. Composition is nice and exposure is perfect. I have done similar star trails with a Canon 30D at iso 100 and found noise to be quite considerable due to the long exposures. Your 1DM3 seems to be better up to the task even at iso 400!!!

Long exposure noise

Hi Roman, this image is stunning. Composition is nice and exposure is perfect. I have done similar star trails with a Canon 30D at iso 100 and found noise to be quite considerable due to the long exposures. Your 1DM3 seems to be better up to the task even at iso 400!!!

Hey Vincent,
A Nikon friend (I know, hard to believe) of mine had the same issue.. He had to turn on a special custom function for long exposure noise reduction as he was gettting heat from the sensor. This will effectively double your exposure time as it takes a "Dark" picture at this setting that is equal to the first exposure.
Hope this helps and thanks for the congrats,
Roman

Roman, Your homework and planning worked well on this image! It has great visual impact. Congrats!!!
Best,
Howard

Latest posts

Back