Thread: Another Pointettia

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Another Pointettia

Attached Images Attached Images

A bit different look.

I cleaned up a few of the bigger particles and spots but hard to get rid of them all. Rocket blower did nothing to them.

50D, 100mm Macro at f/32, 3.2 secs, ISO200 and 68mm extention tubes. Same set up with a desk lamp.

Dave

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great colors, and I love the comp created by the curve of the vein! I do wish the upper part was a bit sharper, but it seems like the angle of the leaf prevents it from being in the same plane even at f/32.

Keep the pointsettia images coming!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think you are doing a great job with textures and lighting and color!! Wow! This image does not have the impact of the prior one. Looking forward to more.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Dave,
    I have to agree this one doesn't have the lighting impact that the other one did.....but I think the comp is a bit stronger. Keep exploring!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dave. Very interesting colors, textures, and patterns. I like the way the green vein curves through the frame. The dark area on the right side tends to draw my eye away from the other cool features of the image. :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dave! I really like this composition - It almost looks like to the left of the main vein, is the floor, and to the right is a wall - as if you could walk down this incredible hallway... (no, I'm not on any drugs... :) )

But that saturated red is SO hard to capture with details, isn't it? So it's a challenge. I agree I liked the texture of the first one, but I keep wanting to look at this one too - This might be a good one to put into Photoshop and play with some creative filters.... And post in the Out of the Box forum... :)

Amy