Roseate Spoonbill

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Certainly a very striking image Frank, and whilst I'm not sure it'll be to everyones taste I think its superb.

The symmetry is spot on and the light angle works perfectly with the subjects pose.

Mike

Oh I like this a lot! I love the details on the head and bill. Lots to study. Awesome symmetry, with the neck extending on each side of the bill and both eyes equally placed on their sides. Very nicely done!!

Hi Frank, perfect symmetry, and I feel you also have the DOF spot on. I like the detail on the bill, and the colours stand out nicely too. Love that we can see both eyes from the head on capture. Great work.

This is smokin' Frank I'm really liking this portrait. If it was mine (and I wish it was) I would experiment with a selective sharpen to the head, bill and eyes. A quick RP based on 60% @ 0.6 and a global medium contrast boost :S3:

1DX_005252k1-2.jpg

Last edited:
<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>So dramatic shot, so vivid colors, I agree with Mike, pose and angle makes it feel a lot of emotions!

Latest posts

Back