American White Pelican

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Joseph Przybyla

BPN Member
Lake Morton 2020_11_17--210-Edit.jpg

I captured this image a Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm F/5.6 VR AF-S ED PF HH
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 160 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction when needed
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

Joe, is this the same bird posted a few days ago?

Wing position maybe not all-world but looks processed nicely. White on blue always works. Perhaps maybe a little looser crop would enhance viewing?

PS - check out those wrinkled feet!!

Joe, is this the same bird posted a few days ago?

Wing position maybe not all-world but looks processed nicely. White on blue always works. Perhaps maybe a little looser crop would enhance viewing?

PS - check out those wrinkled feet!!

Hi Brian, yes, same bird that I posted previously but a different wing position. Thank you for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.

Hi Joseph ... a solid capture of the pelican , I like it .
Nice color palette , right exposure .... fine details , well done .

Maybe a bit tight in the frame .... the beak will become damaged at close frame edge :bg3::w3

TFS Andreas

Lighting and IQ look really good, but you caught him in an awkward, mid-stroke; the near wing is a distraction, and the far competes with the face. The exposure is perfect, and I love the belly texture you reveal. Orange feet are a nice touch.

Latest posts

Back