Theme Common Tern

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

John Mack

Common Tern.jpg

Nickerson Beach, 5/17/21 at 6:12AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 1DX MarkIII
Canon 500 f/4 IS USM
Canon Extender EF 1.4X III
ISO 3200
f5.6
1/1000sec

Love, love that 3 layered pastel colored BG. I might take a sliver off the top but still lovely as is.
Great HA.
I like the blur that the low POV and sand have created.
I might dodge that circular area just above the rump,
Gail

Looking good John....The BG and foreground colours blend so well...Nice pose on the bird. Was the sand covering the legs of the bird, or is that effect created because of a low POV. Looks like blowing sand..Something different for sure...I agree with Gail about the area above the rump..

Will

Really pleasing canvas to the eye John. So airy and simple in design.

Awesome pose with the tail feathers raised. Love the blurred transition from the foreground.

I really like the blue appeal, however I always feel a bit suspicious when there's as much blue on the subject. From a technical aspect I'd say warm it up, however I find myself loving this artistically so from that front, keep it as is!

Common-Tern.jpg

Super shot but the blue wash is spoiling it, I attach an alternative for your consideration WDYT?

Hey John

Great pic, love yours and Jonathan's option, the way I see the two, is yours is early morning with no real signs of warming up during the course of the day, Brians early morning with a hint of sun and it could be a belter of a day

Wow, this one has high impact on me. I love all the angles created by the raised tail and bill and straight neck. Very dreamy to with that low angle and FG overlap. I actually like both versions, but give the nudge to Jon's version.

Latest posts

Back