question

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Giovanni Frescura

_09A8587-Modifica.jpg

My problem is the wild dog in the left side..in front..I tried to crop (I no would like use clone) but I think no the better . What you think ?
Thanks
Canon 7d mark II
Canon 70/200 2,8
1/2000
iso 1000
f.2,8

sample.jpg

Giovanni, clone it out, adjust your exposure you are a bit under exposed. Great action shot.

-Tim

Unfortunately I agree about the dog - the only way to remove it is to clone.

I really like the backlighting because coming through the carcass as it emphasises what the action is about

Giovanni, I cannot think of a way to remove the dog other than cloning it. I find cloning difficult and use it as a last resort, but there times when nothing else would work. I like Kevin's comment about the backlighting coming through the carcass. It is one of those things that make this photograph magic, worth saving. Thanks for posting it here.

Gio I don't necessarily think you need to adjust exposure. The darkness kind of works with such a ghastly scene. But I am afraid cloning is the only way to correct this. You could also use the patch tool in PS if you like.

am-_09A8587-Modifica.jpg

Hi Gang,

It seems as if you all need to get a copy of my new Current Workflow e-Guide (Digital Basics II) here or at least get in the habit of visiting the blog every day. Why? I have been preaching the magic of Content Aware Fill (Shift + Delete) both in the new guide and on the blog. Total time to remove the offending dog: 10 seconds. It would have been two seconds but I needed to clean up two sunny areas that got picked up.

Gio, If you do not like the Clone Stamp or Content Aware Fill then you need to bring a gun when you go out photographing.

with love, artie

ps: you may wish to lighten the image just a bit -- I love the somber mood.

Latest posts

Back