Canon 1DX MK3

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Hi Arash, nothing to date, but early days still for me as skiing took precedence :S3: .. although it will be going back to CPS in a couple of weeks with lenses, will let you know if anything develops. What props the question?

Hi Arash, nothing to date, but early days still for me as skiing took precedence :S3: .. although it will be going back to CPS in a couple of weeks with lenses, will let you know if anything develops. What props the question?

as mentioned above one of my clients is asking. he has a 1dx III with the mentioned issue

Hi Arash,
I have experienced a new issue as well.
While out taking "bird in flight "shots, the camera suddenly stopped displaying the AF point.It would still fire but no autofocus point visible. I pressed on the AF point selection button and nothing happened . I was unable to bring up any AF selections. I had to turn the camera off and then on again. Once turned back on, the AF points were visible again. About 10 minutes later, I was in AI Servo high speed and the camera just froze mid-burst. I depressed the shutter button and nothing happened for 2 to 3 seconds and then the camera worked again. This happened 4 times that afternoon.

If you look on DPReview there is an article and video about many 1 DX3's having this issue.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/30718...ng-issues-with-the-ovf-freezing-in-burst-mode
This is exactly what happened to me. I had the camera out yesterday afternoon and no problem.
It looks like the "camera" is a bit buggy".:e3 I sent an incident report to Canon Canada on Friday and will let you know what they say,

Gail

Gail, was this at max FPS? Have you tried reducing the amount, did the same issue appear again? Have you reported this to CPS? The more feedback the better, no doubt a Firmware will be announced in the coming months.

Gail, was this at max FPS? Have you tried reducing the amount, did the same issue appear again? Have you reported this to CPS? The more feedback the better, no doubt a Firmware will be announced in the coming months.
Yes, I have reported this to CPS. They emailed this am looking for the images that I took when the freeze-up happened? Not sure why. I am not even sure which images they were...Will have to go through them all and see where the freeze up occured.

Yes, I have reported this to CPS. They emailed this am looking for the images that I took when the freeze-up happened? Not sure why. I am not even sure which images they were...Will have to go through them all and see where the freeze up occured.

your camera has got COVID-19 quarantine immediately!

For those of you who may have missed the notification, there has been a Firmware update for the EOS-1DX MKIII.

Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fixes:

1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
3. The "Browser Remote" function has been added.
4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to "Show" in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.

Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.

Latest posts

Back