Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

_56I8160.jpg

An Indian Silver Bill photographed from a hide
1DX II
700mm
1/800
f/5.6
ISO 3200

Hi Sanjeev, the hide looks well placed to give that low POV requited. Sharpness is there, but for me I might have pushed thecISO for a tad more DoF to get the crown of the head sharp, all in focus, its just tailing off. Nice over-all colour palette, but again I would selectively reduce the blue in the bill & legs. The strand on the chest needs to go.

TFS
Steve

PS There is a small red dot about an inch from the top, it's been in other images, you might want to check this out.

Sanjeev, for me a beautiful canvas. Love the color gradient and the pose of the subject. The areas in focus are super sharp!

Really has the pieces of a wonderful overall frame, but the dof fall off takes away from my view. Can't help but want the tail in this one, you must have been quite close.

Also could suggest maybe a 1/3 stop lift of exp and see what that does for you.

Thanks for sharing, enjoying your posts.

Sanjeev:

Great point of view, intimate. Wish that there was a bit more dof as mentioned, mainly to help with the separation from the similarly colored background. The background would of course still be blurred, even with more DOF, because of its distance, and the bird would standout a bit more.

Randy

Latest posts

Back