Kingfisher stunning his lunch

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Mike Poole

Lifetime Member
bash-edit-BPN.jpg

Taken from a hide similar to Andreas's recent shots. Once the Kingfisher takes a fish they bash it a few times on a branch to kill it - avoids them coming a cropper with the stickleback fish and their spines

Sony A1
200-600
1/1250th f6.3
ISO 800

Mike

Hahaha ... Mike , nice to see you posting again !!!
Looks like you had the same idea as I had .
Love this one with the flying water droplets ,good for you that the lady did not move her head ... with that shutter speed .
Very nice image overall ... lovely colors and good tones . Oh so fine details and sharpness rendered ... love that :bg3:
And a better BG than I had ....

Cool shot

TFS Andreas

I like this a lot. I love the curled fish, and flying water drops. Good perch and BG. Sharp, and nice colours throughout. I would suggest removing the small oof twig on the perch, just for a cleaner finish - I'm sure content aware, patch, or delete and fill would all work to some degree.

The catch and flying water shows good movement in this and love the colors and detail! The OOF twig doesn't bother me much and to me it looks like a headache of a clone even with content aware, but maybe worth a try. Still a really nice frame I wish I had in my collection. Great job!

Hi Mike, nice image. I like the bird, your kingfishers are more colorful than the one here. Techs look spot on, the fish adds interest, nice perch and pure background. Thank you for sharing.

Latest posts

Back