White Throated Dipper

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
_I5A4469-CR3-001-copy-3.jpg

Hi folks .... same location as the KF image , well almost . Same day , same town just roughly 800 meters away .
Early winter morning light , slight steaming water .... and the Dipper posed nicely in the open , just got lucky being there when the Dipper did its thing

Canon EOS R 3
RF 400 2,8 IS L + 2x TC
HH

F 8 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DT 4.7.0 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop and removed some of the specular HL of splashing water

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Lovely capture shows the dipper well. Have to say better than the American dipper. The white breast feathers makes this one showier along with belly band. I think ours is more dull,not much contrast.Love the way the water spills over the rock and the specular highlights actually add to the overall scene.TFS

Super shot Andreas, I like the composition and the pose. I imagine it is the light but I get the impression there is more contrast in the subject than I would normally expect, the darks perhaps a little darker. I am not sure if I would have been tempted to mute the brighter specular highlights in the water. The background seems a little different, perhaps not so smooth as some of your previous images? Not intended to be over-critical, I think this is a fine image.

I love the water flowing above the feet, and the sparkles within it behind. I normally prefer a better head angle (relative to body angle), but here it works well IMO as it shows an alert pose of a bird waiting for its next dive.

Latest posts

Back