Antarctic Fur Seal subadult

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
20121026-_S6E0164-CR2-copy-2.jpg

Hi folks ... just for fun , one from the archives taken back in 2012 during my trip to the Subantartic . Image captured in South Georgia Island

Now edited with todays software

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L I
Tripod

F 5,6 ; Iso 800 ; 1/800 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 M; slight crop and some clean up in FG

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Super pose from this young seal, nice composition and lovely colours. I like the BG a lot...makes the image for me.

Great detail on the subject and lovely textures, sharpness is there in good measure. Love the long whiskers and especially that look he's given you:bg3:

Worth revisiting those older images with new software and new knowledge on PP, I certainly enjoyed viewing and hope to see more!

Kind regards,

The seal looks super but the background looks a little odd to me, not noisy but almost grainy.
I particularly like the way he appears to be keeping his eye on you.

Thanks Gabriela and Jon for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela ... indeed a funny skeptical look that the Seal gave me :t3

@ Jon ... I know what you mean with the " odd look " , it is in the raw . Nothing done to that area in post !!! The whole BG is more or less as shot apart from global contrast reduction via levels adjustment .... followed by local dodging of the darker blobs in ULC . What would you suggest to do ?

20121026-_S6E0164-CR2-copy-2.jpg

Thanks Gabriela and Jon for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela ... indeed a funny skeptical look that the Seal gave me :t3

@ Jon ... I know what you mean with the " odd look " , it is in the raw . Nothing done to that area in post !!! The whole BG is more or less as shot apart from global contrast reduction via levels adjustment .... followed by local dodging of the darker blobs in ULC . What would you suggest to do ?

How about this?? I suspect you won't like!

THX Jon ... for taking the time to create an RP , but what is the difference for you ??? The structure is basically still there ... just a wee bit softer . Not enough for me to make any effort , if I want to make it better than it has to go almost fully .... without looking fake :w3. Maybe just for fun I will try it

Cheers Andreas

THX Jon ... for taking the time to create an RP , but what is the difference for you ??? The structure is basically still there ... just a wee bit softer . Not enough for me to make any effort , if I want to make it better than it has to go almost fully .... without looking fake :w3. Maybe just for fun I will try it

Cheers Andreas

For sure it's just a question over how much, I did fairly - but noticeable minimum.

Latest posts

Back