Brown hare (Lepus europaeus)

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Jonathan Ashton

Macro and Flora Moderator
Staff member
_1018867-.jpg

Brown hare, he was out on patrol again, here he just stopped for a nibble and a rest. It was raining a little.
Hand held, OM-1 150-400TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1002.0mm
ISO Sensitivity : 1600
Shutter : 1/1250 sec
F.No. : F5.6
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV

ACR/PSCC

I prefer this being closer Jon, or you go opposite and very small in frame like Geralds Fox.

DoF is good, but I would still have had some SS up my sleeve.

Based on the OP I'm thinking you do more, and if you take the OP and balance things it's a lot more vibrant. I hope you get your PC sorted, or monitor Jon, I just don't think it's delivering.

TFS
Steve

I meant to say Jon, ever considered going lower, mush in the FG, but being at eye level may create a better POV, especially when when the head is angled, or more side on. Just a thought. I will bring more focus on that eye.

Steve, getting lower isn't practicable at the moment - fences have to be removed and also the grass is stll a bit long.

Hi Jon ... hey ho you got him so close , which is nice !!
Does he get used to you , or easily spooked off ?
I do like the overall shot with the DOF being spot on , nice details and sharpness !! NO funky artifacts ... very good .
Color contrast is good ... personally I would give the Hare a touch more tonal depth and variation to make him pop even more from the grass .

Cool image Jon and TFS Andreas

Andreas, unfortunately he is easily spooked - he won't hang around once he sees anyone.. I'll see if there are any more worth a post.

Latest posts

Back