Default Best foot forward

Attached Images Attached Images

Subject: On coming herd of Elephants, the advance party
    Camera: Canon EOS R3
    Lens: RF100-500 f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM
    Exposure: 1/1600 at f/8 ISO800
    Original format: Portrait, FF

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is beautiful Steve,

Love the path, nice framing, eles walking in a single file...and good view of that foot cushion with all its cracks and patterns. Have you ever wondered why the eles are moving so quietly through the bush?

Great techs and very well exposed, I also like those shadows because I can count how many eles! Colours spot on. Must have been quite a thrill, being so close to the herd. I can just imagine the excitement...and almost hear the shuffling of those feet.

Your image brings great memories of some Kruger trips, it's not just the eles but also the environment, love the mopani trees and those golden leaves. Well seen and captured and the usual sensible PP work with attention to every detail, I thoroughly enjoyed viewing and looking forward to see more from this trip!
    Thank you so much for sharing

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you Gabriela.

good view of that foot cushion with all its cracks and patterns
    That's what impressed me, forget the huge herd, it's those little things you done often see or over look.

Have you ever wondered why the eles are moving so quietly through the bush?
    Often, but this was a great encounter, but the best was the free shower as you know, but you have to love the rumblings they make.

Your image brings great memories of some Kruger trips, it's not just the eles but also the environment, love the mopani trees and those golden leaves.
    You had some great times in the early days and I can't help but wonder how different things might have been if events were different.

I'm endeavouring to do so, but this is the great aspect of not being on a Public area, just the four of us, including Guide & Tracker and we just roam and go where we want. We make a plan over coffee load up and head out 20 mins before anyone else, albeit it was often just the two of us here.

Just added a fraction more Tonality, might be too subtle?

Have a great weekend and hopefully you will have caught up with your Homework.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good morning Steve,

Agree with you, it's all about the little details

Some years back I was at Thanda Reserve when a research team was collaring ele females to monitor their movements. Went close to one that was asleep so I could look closely at the feet - amazing all those cracks and patterns! Those cushions act as shock absorbers, the skin keeps growing. We often do not hear the eles when they approach.

Yes I know the rumbles, just awesome. You won't believe how many herds we have in Kruger, very large herds...with the 70-200 now I will be able to capture some scenes, bit tired of my close-ups...

I too wonder sometimes what it would be like today if it wasn't for those events that changed everything. Suppose I wouldn't have all this wildlife on my doorstep... but perhaps I would not have to work so hard and would be out and about more?

There's nothing like being in Nature and enjoying wildlife and the sounds of the bush, sadly not everyone appreciates the wilderness in the same way we do. Our National Parks are amazing in terms of biodiversity and the landscapes are truly spectacular but from the photography POV there's nothing like home because here I get to spend time with the animals on my own.
    I see what you did, it's subtle but effective, thank you for the RP

Have a wonderful week-end, at work now but going home soon, shall take a drive this afternoon and see what's lurking in my 'big garden'
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You won't believe how many herds we have in Kruger, very large herds...with the 70-200 now I will be able to capture some scenes, bit tired of my close-ups...
    I'll get you to try a fun method which you need to practice, its great for Hyena too.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Steve, got your message...working on it, only got three weeks to buy what I need
    Gabriela Plesea