Year of Tiger

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Harshad Barve

BPN.jpg

Dear all

As you know 2010 is called as Year of Tiger. Estimated less than 1500 tigers left in wild this is high time to do something. Write what you feel , share images , share videos , share ideas to save stripes , give the links to ineteresting discussions going on internet , express your concerns. But please keep this clean in all respects.

Looking forward to see your contrubutions. We all want to see this majestic animal to survive. You have to be tiger to pose on cover page of a web forum dominated by world's best bird photographes.

Here is time and place to express yourself.

Harshad

Last edited:
mcatisi-000655.jpg

Harshad; I agree this is a worthy project. The Amur (Siberian) Tiger once spanned a territory larger than North America, from Lake Baikal to the East Coast of Far East Russia. Because of habitat loss, loss of food, poaching, etc-they now occupy only a small area in Far East Russia (Primorski Region).

This photo was not taken in the wild but the animal was permitted to run free in a couple acre compound. I hope to photograph the Amur Tiger in his/her natural habitat once I arrive in Russia.

One of the greatest naturalist and Tiger conservation hero said

The air we breathe and the water we drink stem from the biodiversity of the universal environment and its economics.
The tiger is at the centre of this truth. If it goes, we go !!

---Billy Arjan Singh

Last edited:
It is amazing you can photograph these in the wild in your country. It will take months of planning and government permits before I am allowed to attempt to photograph the Amur Tigers; I will go and try but they are pretty rare now in Russia.

Harshad I think there are less than a 1000 left in India or at least this is the figure that our Ministry of Environment and Forests is now talking about. Only the government of India can save the last few viable populations and they do not seem to be very keen on doing that. I am pretty certain that in a few years time they will be restricted to a few isolated pockets and would have reached an evolutionary dead end. We will still be able to see them in the bigger natural scheme of thing they would not really matter. Sad but probably true.

10080815_bo6ph

Hey Aditya aka Dicky ,
Big welcome to BPN and who can comment better than you on status of tigers in India. Looking forward to see you images in wildlife and contrubutions to this thread

Last edited:
Hey Dicky, so Harshad has managed to persuade you to visit here too, great, this can only bolster the interest and support the cause for the survival of Tigers.

The Tiger stories and images have now been elevated and I am sure between the two of you, India and the reserves will start to get 'bums on seats' which is the only way to support the Tigersand people can sample the great delights you guys have on offer.

It's the Year of the Tiger, lets make it a good one!

Look forward to hearing from you soon, regards to Poonam too :)

Steve
PS Alison say hi too;)

tc19.jpg

Harshad a nice jesture towards tiger conservation.a small bit from me. It will be a complete loss to lose this beautiful,elegant,adorable and graceful animal to perish permanently from the wild.

Harshad a nice jesture towards tiger conservation.a small bit from me. It will be a complete loss to lose this beautiful,elegant,adorable and graceful animal to perish permanently from the wild.

Hey Nishad , Nice to see you on BPN after so long :D but you have hit the right thread , post some of more fasinating images and dont be shy to express your thoughts on Year of The Tiger. We all can add little bit to make huge difference

Hi Nihar
Big welcome to BPN , I have fixed your link , please go through posting guidelines for next postings

Such a sweet image this is , every small contrubution can make huge diffrence
TFS

this is terrifc image Ian , Lovely action , nice FG and BG and very healthy looking Tiger. Sumatrans Tigers are in deep trouble and I hope all these little efforts will make huge difference

Latest posts

Back