Blessings for the Snowbound

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

J

Julie Kenward

The first day of spring and I'm boot deep in snow. I decided to make the most of it by spending the day photographing the birds at my feeders.

Attachments

• Dark-eyed-Junco_10-0320_0643_10x8.jpg
    Dark-eyed-Junco_10-0320_0643_10x8.jpg
    195.1 KB
it's been one of those winters, jules!! so cold down here that i wished it had snowed boot deep!!! you did really well with the little one on the first day of spring. i enjoyed the words that you put with it. nicely done!

Thank you, Harold. It snowed another 2" while I slept last night so I guess I have some more shoveling to do! Let's just hope this is the LAST of the white stuff for awhile!!! I want a weekend where I can get OUT of the house...not stay locked inside!

Beautifully expressed, Jules.

Your connection with the bird is quite clear.

Thank you Lance and Denise. It was a hard day yesterday being locked inside the house while we got pounded with snow on the first day of spring. :( Those birds were the only thing that kept me from going insane as I watched yet ANOTHER weekend get shot to you-know-where.

When spring does finally get here, watch out! I'll be armed and ready to take it all in!

It must be nice to have daily visitors even if it is with ulterior motives :)
I enjoyed a bird feeder when I had a backyard. You words are beautiful and express how much we can care for the little ones.

Fabs, I wish I had known how expensive it would be before I got started! I go down to 2-3 feeders in the late spring to to early fall but then ramp back up for the winter months. I had 2 regular feeders, 2 finch feeders, 2 suet feeders and a peanut feeder all going this weekend and STILL had to put out seed on two tables, along with some fruit and peanut butter. I couldn't keep them stocked! Amazing how much action those feeders see when the snow hits. At one point I even had a red-tailed hawk come in and check things out.

Latest posts

Back