Ostrich Dance

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
_91R4984-copy---Copy.jpg

Hi folks ... digging deep in the archive and stumbled across this one , while looking for a specific Wildebeest image for the wildlife forum .

Well this might be a " marmite " shot .... as very tricky to decide which direction in terms of tone it should go , fully or partly backlit . You can see I went for the partly version ....

Image was taken in 2014 in the Kgalagadi Transfontier Park of South Africa

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200 - 400 IS L with TC engaged
HH

F 8 ; Iso 1250 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exposure and auto iso

Processed with Capture One 20 and PSCC 2020 ; canvas extension and recropped

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Really digging this frame!
The dust and the light through it is indeed spectacular! Love the small twigs that are visible in the dust too.
Bird looks good but I wish the pose was better and that the bird was facing you or at least had its eye open.
But the background is good, details are good and the comp is too.
TFS

Thanks folks .... for your kind comments .

Steve ... i do not see a metering issue , as no metering would have captured the whole dynamic range without killing one or the other , IMHO . And the image needs to look `processed`.... as presented with detail almost across the whole tonal range , just my take . This guy was going crazy .... so not an easy task to control everything , as you can see the light was difficult . You might see that different .... as said in the intro a `marmite `shot .

THanks Andreas

Latest posts

Back