Coming in to land

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

dennis greenwood

This shot was one of my early attempts this year in getting shots of the bird in flight (close) ,the only way in getting shots like this is pre -planning and using bait to maximise your opportunities, also at breeding season as the birds will come in for food to either feed themselves or young ,out of the breeding season this type of shot is basically just very difficult as they will just not come in the same as they would in what I would call the survival mode ,as they will just come in to the territory at the usual two hours after and before dawn and dusk ,basically what I am saying is yes the bird will come in for a one of opportunity to try and get a flight shot but to give yourself more opportunities using bait will give you more chances and there is no way I would have got this type of shot with one opportunity ,as said this is one of the early attempts from this year and they did get better(imho) as the season went on ,comments on the bird habitat are welcome as I feel I have some knowledge of these birds that I love sharing ...Taken hand held with a canon 1d mkiv 300mm f4 at f4 iso 1250 1/1600sec
Little--(1-of-1)-2.jpg-BPN.jpg

This is excellent.
My 2 suggestions would be to crop a bit off the top and add more on the bottom if you have it.
There is a bit of noise on the far wingtips that can easily be rectified.
I really like the grasses on the RHS and would include a bit more of them if possible

Thats very nice Den ! I agree about Gasils cropping suggestions and I ike the grasses too- in fact a great BG all around. Nice the way the feet are on different levels too for some reason!
You,ve certainly got the L Owls set ups sorted.
JohnR

This is a shot from a different angle ,this took a good week to set up to eventually
Little-owl-BPN.jpg
get the bird in this spot,the stance you see is the bird with his eye on the bait ,just to the left in the corner

Latest posts

Back