Buzzard

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Andreas Liedmann

BPN Member
20240711-_I5A7712-CR3-copy-2.jpg

Hi folks ...
been working on establishing my own set up for Buzzard or any other raptor that might visit .
So far only a Buzzard visited it on a " regular " basis , I do bait them with frozen day old chicks and frozen mice from a commercial breeder ...
I started to use a camera trap to capture the first images , finally start to sit in my portable hide ....
To be honest not very successful as the Buzzard is very skittish , tried to establish a tripod close to the perch to get wide angle shots ... LOL .... not very successful :bg3:
A lot of struggles from the technical POV ... to get decent exposures and get the AF to work properly for this scenario
This image is captured by me and not the trap

Canon EOS R3
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DT 4.8 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop and removed a chick from the left side of the perch

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

PS : Off to holidays for 2 weeks , mostly MTB in the mountains and maybe a couple of days shooting Red Squirrels and a special bird species that I have not seen yet .

Andreas, a pretty appealing frame here. In fact, it's making me hungry :bg3:

The bit hanging off of the beak is pretty cool. Very interesting choice leaving the little leaf hanging down... some might find it distracting but I actually like it as-is.

I love the viewpoint at the subject's eye and overall nice tones and colors!

Nice frame indeed. I've always liked the "menacing" look most raptors give, and this one is no exception. I like that the bill tip is just clear of the shoulder. If anything I'd have preferred a pose where the tail is visible, even if only slightly, but this is good as well. I thought the mouse looked like a store-bought one IMO, even before I read the caption (I could be way wrong). Sounds like thee guys are tough to get, even with a blind, but you are making it work! Nice perch and BG!

very nicely done. I have photographed raptors in Australia from hides (tent style hides) and man, it's not easy, though after a while they kind of got used to the idea.

Well presented, and your work paid off, for sure.

TFS

Latest posts

Back